So you’ve planned the vacation of your dreams, or maybe you’re just off to visit family for a few days out of state; either way, your pup needs to be packed and ready for a fun and exciting dog boarding experience. You’ll want to start planning for your pup’s dog boarding stay a few days in advance. This way, you’re ready to roll when it comes to ‘drop-off’.
First, connect with your dog boarding professionals to determine which items are absolutely necessary for your dog’s stay. These absolutes may be items such as:
- Vaccination Records
- Medications, and Instructions (if any)
- Dates of your Leave and Return
- Emergency Contact Information
Your dog boarding facility will want to be prepped with all the necessary information, to offer your dog a safe and healthy stay.
Secondly, there are often personal items that dog parents like to pack for their pooches. These items may include:
- A Favorite Toy or Blanket
- Special Food or Dietary Needs
- Collar and/or Harness, including a Leash
Most professional dog boarding facilities will include any and all of the other items needed to provide your dog with a fun and exciting stay. Check to see if your dog boarding facility includes:
- Complimentary Treats
- Complimentary Toys
- Independent Interaction Time
- Play Time with Other Dogs
- A Temperature Controlled Play and/or Stay Area (especially in warmer areas)
- High Quality Bedding
We know you want your dog to have a great vacation while you’re on yours. Remembering to pack these essential items will make your pup’s dog boarding experience one that will allow you to enjoy your relaxing time away.